JKM Group (Aus) PTY LTD

Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)

A Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is a temporary visa for a parent whose temporary Partner visa does not already include the child.
If this visa is approved, the child must apply for a permanent Partner visa before deciding on the permanent Partner visa for the parent.

This short-term visa:

Assume a child is to be added to a permanent Partner visa application after their parent has been granted a temporary Partner visa. In that situation, the child will require a visa that allows them to travel to and from Australia as well as reside there until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is approved.

You can only receive this visa for a child under the age of 18 if you have one of the following documents:
Everyone who has the legal authority to say where the child resides has given you written consent. The child’s home nation’s laws allow him or her to be removed from the country. This is consistent with any child order in Australia.


-The parent of the child must have a temporary Partner visa or a Dependent Child visa.

-The child must be their biological child, stepchild, or adopted child.

-The parent having the visa must be at least 18 years old and have a child who needs the visa.

-Considering parents to be a single entity.

How long do you intend to stay?

As long as the parent possesses a temporary Partner visa or Dependent Child visa, the child’s visa is valid.
A Dependent Child visa is usually valid until a decision is made on the Parent’s permanent partner visa application.