JKM Group (Aus) PTY LTD

Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)

The 485 Visa is a temporary visa that lets international students who have just finished their second year of school in Australia live and work there for between 18 months and four years.

This is a visa for a short time. The main applicant must be in Australia when they apply for a 485 visa, and they must have held an eligible student visa in the 6 months before the application was made.

JKM Immigration has a great deal for people who want to apply for a 485 visa:

if you sign up for a full-time course through us, we’ll file your 485 application for free. Our skilled team will fill out your application correctly.


You must:

be under 50 years of age hold an eligible visa
have just finished a course that is registered with CRICOS


Age: At the time of filing, the main applicant must be under 50.
The main applicant must show that they can speak English, either by having a certain kind of passport or by taking an English test. At the time of filing, proof of threshold English must be given.
You must have studied for at least two years and earned your qualifications within six months of applying for the visa if you want to study in Australia.
Point Test: The Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa is not points-tested.


Both the Post-Study Work Stream and the Graduate Work Stream have new English requirements.
Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, or New Zealand; or IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading and at least 14 in Writing and
This represents a significant lowering of the English language requirement and will be a great relief to applicants who have struggled to meet the minimum score required in each band.

This visa allows you to:

stay in Australia for the amount of time that fits with the activities you’ve been permitted to do. The maximum lengths of time you can stay are:

Graduate Work Stream: 18 months or less
Post-Study Work Stream: You have up to four years to do the work or activity you said you wanted to do on your application. You can also bring eligible family members to Australia with you. You can enter and leave Australia as many times as you want as long as your visa is valid.